73rd AGM 23 November 2018 – Advance Information – Key Dates
The LSC AGM will take place in the Clubhouse on 23 November 2018, 1930 hours for 2000 hours. All voting members (Single and Joint members over the age of 18 who have fully paid their 2018/19 membership subscription - Rule 2.1) are invited to attend. Key dates in the lead-up are:
- 1/10/2018: Start of the Club’s new Financial Year, Membership Renewal payments for 2018-19 become due from, but not before, this date.
- 12/10/2018: Latest date for Ordinary Members to lodge Motions for consideration by the Committee as to whether or not they should be included in the AGM Agenda (Rule 7.1.h., AGM minus 42 days). This is to allow due time for Committee consideration. (The next following Committee Meeting is 15/10/18). Written communications are to be marked for the Hon. Secretary’s attention and placed in the Club post box before the due date.
- 26 /10/2018: Latest date to post formal Notice of the AGM, the Agenda, and the Nominations List in the Clubhouse (Rule 7.1, “at least 28 days prior to the date of the AGM.”
- 16/11/2018: Early Bird Discount period for payment of subscriptions ends
- 16/11/2018: Nominations for the Committee close (Rule 4.3).
- 23/11/2018: Annual General Meeting, 19.30 for 20.00 hours.
- 31/12/2017: Final date for Membership Renewal payment.
All existing Committee Members are required to stand down and seek re-election if they wish to continue in post for 2018-19. Joint and Single Members of the Club over the age of 18 years are invited to fill specific positions on the new Committee, whether vacant or contested. They must have been a member of the Club for at least one year and should enter their name and signature on the Nominations List posted on the club noticeboard, supported by the names and signatures of their Proposer and Seconder.