Due to the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic and Government Regulations we are unable to hold the Annual General Meeting in its usual format. Your LSC Committee have considered ways in which the AGM can be held and have opted for an online meeting to which all voting members (Single, Joint and Family members over the age of 18 (Rule 2.1)) are invited to attend at 1930hrs on Friday 27th November 2020, all those entitled to vote but unable to attend will have the right to vote by proxy. This presents some challenges in procedure to ensure we remain compliant with the GM requirements, but none that cannot be overcome.
Details on how to join the meeting and the voting procedure will be sent out with the Agenda, received Nominations and Motions no later than 30th October 2020. Any Ordinary member can appoint the meeting Chairman, or any other person present, to vote as their proxy. A proxy voting form will be sent with the agenda no later than 21st November 2020.
If any members have any concerns about this process, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Key dates in the lead-up to the AGM are
- 1/10/2020 Start of the Club’s new Financial Year
- 16/10/2020 Latest date for Ordinary Members to lodge Motions for consideration by the Committee as to whether or not they should be included in the AGM Agenda (Rule 7.1.h., AGM minus 42 days), This is to allow due time for Committee consideration. (The next following Committee Meeting is 19/10/20). Written communications are to be marked for the Hon. Secretary’s attention and placed in the Club post box by the due date.
If members have any Motions they wish put forward please email email@example.com by 23:59, 16th October 2020.
Questions may also be submitted for the GM using the same procedure. These questions will be anonymised, and a response given during the GM.
- 30/10/2020 Latest date for Secretary to post the Nominations List (Rule 4.2), in the Clubhouse (Replicated on the website).
Nominations* are invited for vacancies on the LSC Committee for; two Flag Officers (Commodore & Rear Commodore) and two General Committee posts. If you wish to stand for one (or more) of the positions, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- Your name
- The position(s) you wish to stand for i.e. Commodore. If you are nominated for more than one post your nominations will be submitted to the meeting in order of seniority.
- Contact details of your two nominees
The Secretary may contact your two stated nominees to verify your nomination.
- 30/10/2020 Latest date for Secretary to post the formal Notice of the AGM, the Agenda, and the Nominations List (Rule 4.2), in the Clubhouse (Rule 7.1, “at least 28 days prior to the date of the AGM”).
- 20/11/2020 Nominations for the Committee close (Rule 4.3).
- 21/11/2020 Report and Accounts and Proxy Voting forms sent to members.
- 27/11/2020 Annual General Meeting, 1930 hours.
* All existing Committee Members are required to stand down and seek re-election if they wish to continue in post for 2020-21, except Flag Officers who shall serve for no more than three consecutive years in the same post (Rule 3.1). Fully paid-up Ordinary Members of the Club over the age of 18 years are warmly encouraged to fill specific positions on the new Committee, whether vacant or contested. They must have been a member of the Club for at least one year (Rule 4.5) and should enter their name and signature on the Nominations List, supported by the names and signatures of their Proposer and Seconder.