Key dates in the lead-up to the 2023 AGM are
- 1/10/2023 Start of the Club’s new Financial Year
- 6/10/2023 Latest date for Ordinary Members to lodge Motions for consideration by the Committee as to whether or not they should be included in the AGM Agenda (Rule 7.1.h., AGM minus 42 days), This is to allow due time for Committee consideration. (The next following Committee Meeting is 16/10/23). Written communications are to be marked for the Hon. Secretary’s attention and placed in the Club post box by the due date.
If members have any Motions they wish put forward please email email@example.com by 23:59, 6th October 2023.
Questions may also be submitted for the GM using the same procedure. These questions will be anonymised, and a response given during the GM.
- 20/10/2023 Latest date for Secretary to post the Nominations List (Rule 4.2), in the Clubhouse (Replicated on the website).
Nominations* are invited for positions on the LSC Committee, either as a Flag Officer or a General Committee member. If you wish to stand for one (or more) of the positions, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- Your name
- The position(s) you wish to stand for i.e. Commodore. If you are nominated for more than one post your nominations will be submitted to the meeting in order of seniority.
- Contact details of your two nominees
The Secretary may contact your two stated nominees to verify your nomination.
- 20/10/2023 Latest date for Secretary to post the formal Notice of the AGM, the Agenda, and the Nominations List (Rule 4.2), in the Clubhouse (Rule 7.1, “at least 28 days prior to the date of the AGM”)
- 10/11/2023 Nominations for the Committee close (Rule 4.3).
- 17/11/2023 Annual General Meeting, 1930 hours.
* All existing Committee Members are required to stand down and seek re-election if they wish to continue in post for 2023-24, except Flag Officers who shall serve for no more than three consecutive years in the same post (Rule 3.1). Fully paid-up Ordinary Members of the Club over the age of 18 years are warmly encouraged to fill specific positions on the new Committee, whether vacant or contested. They must have been a member of the Club for at least one year (Rule 4.5) and should enter their name and signature on the Nominations List, supported by the names and signatures of their Proposer and Seconder.