REQUEST TO HIRE THE LSC CLUBROOM
Please read the following guidance notes carefully, particularly those regarding the sale of alcohol and licencing hours. The booking link is at the end of these guidance notes.
- All Clubroom booking requests are considered at the next Sailing Club General Committee Meeting following receipt. The Committee decision is final. Once the request has been approved you will be asked to pay the required fee either by BACs or PayPal.
- At least one Full LSC Member must be present for the whole of the hire period.
- The club bar stock can be used where the function is booked by a member. If the club bar is used
- All guests must be signed in by a member using the Visitors Book which is kept on the Bar (maximum number of guests per member is 3).
- A club member must be nominated as the responsible Bartender for the event and to oversee opening and closing the bar.
- Bar sales must use the LSC bar contactless payment system.
- East Devon District Council has granted the premises the following licences: Sale of alcohol 11am-11pm (Noon – 10.30pm on a Sunday). Music, live or recorded 7pm – 11pm Friday and Saturday. Showing of films 7pm-11pm Fridays only. When a hirer wishes to sell their own alcohol and/or sell alcohol, play music (live or recorded) or show films outside of the existing premises’ licence they must:
- Apply for a Temporary Event Notice (TEN) from EDDC (East Devon District Council) Licensing Department https://eastdevon.gov.uk/licensing/alcohol-and-entertainment/temporary-event-notices/apply-for-a-temporary-event-notice/. The fee is currently £21 and adequate time must be allowed for processing and delivery of the TEN by post to the hirer.
- Send a copy of your Temporary Event Notice to Adam Rejzl firstname.lastname@example.org at least a week before the date of the event.
- You do not need to apply for a Temporary Event Notice if you are providing your own alcoholic drinks and are not charging people for them but please note that in this case the Club Bar stock must not be used notwithstanding the presence of members among the invitees. The glasses and glasswasher may be used for the event.
- If external caterers are used, they must have their own insurance.
- The maximum number for an event is either 40 seated or 60 standing.
- The clubroom must be left clean and tidy when vacated after use. Please report any damage. Additional cleaning services or breakages must be paid for.
Charges for Clubroom Hire:
- Member’s personal function or Lympstone Village organisation booking: £35 for first 4 hours and £7 for each further hour (there is no charge for bookings by members for LSC events).
- All other bookings including Commercial organisations: £50 for first 4 hours and £10 for each further hour. (Please note an LSC member must be present throughout the event and ensure the Club is locked at the end of the event).
CLICK HERE TO MAKE A CLUBROOM BOOKING